Building and sustaining enterprise-wide logistic supply chain management solutions and capabilities requires on-going investment in several key areas:
A.T. Kearney Procurement and Analytic Solutions (ATKPAS) works with clients to assess their current enterprise-wide supply management capabilities, determine the critical gaps vis-à-vis best practices, and build a roadmap for improvement. Working with our clients, we are able to quickly determine where a company's current capabilities and investments lie, and then develop a supply chain management solutions plan for supplier improvement, while prioritizing those areas that will drive the biggest near term improvement results.
- The development of leadership and analytic skills to ensure supply management staff members have the necessary skills and capabilities to engage credibly with business stakeholders and lead the thinking toward new and differentiated supply strategies.
- Real-time, on-demand access to critical data, both within the enterprise and externally, to drive forward-thinking planning activities and support fact-based decision-making and scenario-based analyses.
- Transparency and visibility into key processes to understand where, how, and by whom the work is getting done, where critical bottlenecks occur, and strategies for driving continuous improvement.
Our assessment methodologies leverage a number of our proprietary tools and benchmarks, including:
Once assessments are complete and strategies developed, our highly experienced consultants work with clients to implement programs to take Supply Management organizations to the next level of performance.
- Concrete understanding of current Supply Management capabilities, including strengths to build off of and gaps to close
- Detailed understanding of the roadmap required for improvement, including all major investments to be made, activities to be prioritized and benefits to be achieved
- Pragmatic strategies for success that incorporate a detailed understanding of necessary change management actions to ensure sustainable results
Our methodologies rely upon real-world, pragmatic expertise versus static, high level benchmarks and recommendations because we have the experience in not only assessing where companies stand, but also working with them to implement strategies and programs to take their Supply Management activities to the next level.
We are not wedded to any one technology or vendor solution. As a result, we can assess a client’s existing investments, determine additional priority requirements and develop a solution that will work within the client’s specific platform.
Finally, our consulting teams combine a mix of in-depth supply management capabilities, industry-specific experience and robust program and change management skills to ensure we bring custom solutions, based on proven best practices that address all aspects of our clients' program needs.